Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question about ESP's

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by D Von, Feb 25, 2006.

1. D Von

D Von

Nov 13, 2005
    Rhode Island
    Ok, I play in a metal band and am looking for a new bass that can handle the sound. I was checkin out www.musiciansfriend.com and came accross the ESP EC-254 (resembles a Gibson Les Paul.) I was wondering if this thing is decent, I like it because of the look but I need to know if the sound is at all like the Schecter Elite I was also looking into. Ive never really liked ESP's before but this one kinda stuck to me. Any help from you guys would be awesome.

2. Nova

Nova

Apr 19, 2002
    Williamstown, WV
    If you're looking for a really good ESP, check ebay for a used C-series bass (C-305 or C-304). They were only in production for a couple years, but it was by far the best value bass I ever ran into. Neckthrough, beauiful woods, extremely versatile, EMG-HZ's and a 3-band EQ.

I've used mine in everything I've done and it's cuts through like a knife as well. They can be had very cheap if you hit up eBay, like I said.

The Viper series are also very nice.

3. steve21

steve21 Banned

ESP C and B series look really nice for basses.

The ESP/LTD EC254 should be pretty good, mahagony body, set neck, etc.

Although I'd prefer a B series, the EC should be pretty good if you like the shape aned feel.

4. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    The only issue I have heard of with the EC Series is that they are a little neck heavy. Aside from that, it should be a sweet bass. Nova is dead-on about the C series, too. I have a C-304 that will never leave my side. It's a great bass for everything. Good luck.