1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question about Fender P

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bogie1519, Mar 7, 2016.

1. bogie1519

bogie1519

Feb 25, 2012
    Beaumont Tex
    Have a chance to pick up a good deal on a Precision made in Mexico. How are they i know they don't compare to American but are they even close. if i bought it and changed out the pickup would that make a big difference. thanks for any help....

2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

My first Fender was a Standard P. I still have it, it plays great, and I've gotten nothing but compliments on it. Mind you, it does have some serious mods (and a plywood body.)

3. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    It should be fine just make sure it's properly set up and if you want to mod it out it's not that expensive to do..

4. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Wikipedia often mistakes my opinions for fact Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Like any bass, as long as the neck is in good shape you should be good to go. Anything else such as pickups, tuners, bridge, etc. can easily be exchanged if you feel the need at some point. The pickups of course will have the most impact on the sound of the bass.

5. audionut36

audionut36

Sep 25, 2012
    P's rule.