1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question about Fodera Victor Wooten Classic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rb1, Apr 13, 2010.

1. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    Hi. I'm not trying to sell anything here. My husband (rb1) was a member here for a long time and really enjoyed communicating with all of you. He learned a lot and loved seeing and hearing about your basses. He passed away very unexpectedly at the age of 57 just about a month ago.

I am in the awkward position of selling off his much-loved basses. I hate to do it but don't play the bass myself. Right now I have an offer on his 2001 "Victor Wooten Classic." It's a Monarch deluxe with Dovetail neck, Mahogany body, East Indian Rosewood fingerboard, Flame Maple top, EMG P-J pickups and is signed by Victor Wooten. It's in perfect condition.

I am definitely not trying to break any rules here but I hoped that some of you might have an idea what a bass like this might be worth. My husband felt a real sense of community with the other bass lovers here so I thought maybe you wouldn't mind giving me a little advice. I have an offer for $4,250. They're going new for about $8,200. Does this seem like a reasonable price to you guys?

Again, if I'm breaking rules or protocol by asking, just let me know.

2. Rano Bass

Rano Bass

Sep 9, 2006
    Tijuana Mex.
    Should be worth something close to $5000 IMO.
    Im sorry for your loss.

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Supporting members are allowed to ask questions of value, so no rules are being broken. Sorry to hear about your husband.

4. cmewhinney

cmewhinney

Jul 11, 2008
    Concord, NH
    $4,250 is very low. Bolt-on Foderas go for right around there, so you should ask for quite a bit more.

5. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

I think thats a fair price. I bought one used about 9 years ago for $2500 in mint condition. Sold it 6 years ago to a local player for the same price. Id move it to someone who can enjoy it. Sorry to hear about your husband. Best of luck

Rob

6. mhduffl

mhduffl

Nov 27, 2008
    Hong Kong
    I am sorry about this news.
    I think 4250 is a low price.
    I think you can contact Fodera directly such that they can work better with your case.
    There are Fodera team here @ talkbass.

All the best,
    Man-Ho from Hong Kong.

7. black.rose1402

black.rose1402

Jan 10, 2007
    Sorry for your husband!
    I have a bass like that, and to me the value xould be 5000 $ at least

8. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    My deepest condolences about your husband.

As a supporting member, you can also list the basses in the classifieds here, or ask about fair and reasonable prices. This is a pretty safe and fair place to sell basses.

9. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    Thanks to everyone for the information and their kind thoughts.