Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question about G&L l2000

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RJSBASS, Sep 3, 2005.

1. RJSBASS

RJSBASS Guest

Jun 22, 2005
    New York
    Is this a high end, top quality bass? The best out there?

2. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    High end, I think so.
    Best out there? Doubt it. Too many $3-5,000 custom shops out there now...
    Solid axe, plenty of tone options, great playability. I bought one in 1981, and still have it...

3. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Very nice sounding and playing instrument. It is High End but it's not a "boutique" bass... you won't be dissapointed. (plus it won't cost $4K). You can find a used USA one for the same price as a new Korean Tribute on the Ebay. The Tributes are pretty well made also, but they don't have the same solidness of the USA's in my opinion. I'm currently looking into a tribute L-2500 just to rock a 5 string from time to time!

4. RJSBASS

RJSBASS Guest

Jun 22, 2005
    New York
  5. I play a Trib L2k, and its a fantastic bass. high output in passive mode, even more when its active.

Sounds great. The tone shapes so well, it will work for almost anything.

It hung on my wall for a while without being played (been on a fretless kick), but recently I started picking it up again and fell in love all over

6. fearlessdane

fearlessdane

Aug 29, 2005
    Portland, OR. Los Angeles, CA.
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg, Fender, Ernie Ball
    I actually used to play one, but I just didnt really like it at all. I thought the tone was sub-par (no pun intented) and the neck felt like a log. But thats my personal opinion.

7. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    I've owned many brands of basses (most of them were more expensive than G&L) and the G&L's have given me the tone and versatility. They're all I own now, and it'll probably stay that way. My opinion (based on 25+ yrs of gig experience in a variety of musical styles) is that the L2000/L2500/ASAT series is the best value out there...especially when purchased used.