1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

question about GRECO THUNDERBIRDS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by prengel_basser, Apr 20, 2010.

1. prengel_basser

prengel_basser

Jan 28, 2010
    I´ve got some questions about greco thunderbirds. I noticed that they were built from the late 70´ to the early 90´. so here are my questions:

1. are there differences in (build-) quality between the late 70´greco thunderbirds and late 80´greco thunderbirds?

2. did greco use the same pickups on the late 80´ones as the have used on the late 70´ones? I´ve read only good things about those pickups here.

best regards!
    stefan

2. prengel_basser

prengel_basser

Jan 28, 2010
    any experts?:help::help::help:

3. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    You have to remember that these are rare outside of Japan, rarer still would be one person owning one from each decade as you ask...........
    I own a '77 Thunderbird II, it's very nice build quality and with a single very hot pickup designed by Paul Chandler it positively roars. Tho I have only seen '80s issue grecos in pics they look the same and I'd be surprised if there werer any qualitative differences in them.........perhaps an '80s owner will chime in here.
    As they say, "no pics, no bass"

MrGreco001.

4. prengel_basser

prengel_basser

Jan 28, 2010
    Thanks!
    Is the pickup Position of the Single pickup thunderbird, the Same As the neckpickup Position of the dual humbucker thunderbird?

5. It looks like it, although it may be a bit more 'mid' bodied by looking at that pic

6. Figas

Figas

Sep 8, 2008
    i think its a bit more towards the middle of the two, which IMHO works far better, as I barely use the bridge pickup of my Tbird.