1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question about HIPSHOT SUPER TONE BRIDGE

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by prengel_basser, May 2, 2010.

1. prengel_basser

prengel_basser

Jan 28, 2010
    does the hipshot supertone bridge allow a much more lower action than the 3point gibson bridge does? I want to use my t-bird for a drop-C tuning and the action (with the original bridge) is pretty high right now....(for my taste)

2. Randall

Randall

Aug 6, 2009
    Canada.
    On my 76 tbird it made a big difference. I was able to lower my action a lot more with the supertone than with my original bridge which was all the way down. Very happy now. :)

3. prengel_basser

prengel_basser

Jan 28, 2010
    the original bridge is adjusted at a medium height. when i lower the bridge, I get more fretbuzz.:meh:
    The supertone won´t solve the problem of fretbuzz, or what do you think. It will probably buzz the same way, the 3 point bridge does.....

any different opinions?

4. Randall

Randall

Aug 6, 2009
    Canada.
    No it will not solve fret buzz. You have to adjust your truss rod/bridge height to get the lowest possible action. The supertone will allow for lower string height than stock at least it did on my 76.

5. prengel_basser

prengel_basser

Jan 28, 2010
    the original bridge already allows a very low action, but unfortunately not without fretbuzz (in ths drop c tuning). in standart tuning, its a pleasure to play this baby....