1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

question about jazz bass necks,

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by colorblindbass, Aug 8, 2007.

1. i have, a basic, satin finished rosewood neck on my frankend fender standard jazz bass and i put laquer all over the back of the neck, to get half of the finished feel

ive played the maple on maple necks, with the nice finish allll over, including the fingerboard, and absolutly love them,

so im asking, where can i buy just a neck like the fancy maple fender necks, or the Geddy tribute neck?
    :help:

2. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Warmoth, or Allparts.

3. they come with the finish?
    cause the ones i see on warmoth dont even have frets, just slots n holes

4. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    They offer several finish options, several fret options, and several nut options. My Warmoth neck looked like what you describe when they advertised it; unfinished, no nut, not frets....but for a little more here's what I got:

02JazzFretless-1.

03JazzFretless.

FretlessJazz33a.

In this case, I wanted a fretless neck, but I could have had frets if that was what I was looking for.

5. thanks buddies