1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

question about Line 6 ToneCore pedals / adapters

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Terrorstorm, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Hi,
    I already have a Line 6 Echo Park which I use with the original DC1 9 Volt adapter by Line 6 to prevent the hiss, that occurs when using other adapters.
    I want to add a Liqua Flange pedal. But what me bothers is, if I have to buy another Line 6 adapter.
    Or would it work to use the adapter I already have and power both Line 6 pedals using such a connection cord.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_dc5_power_cable.htm

does someone have an opinion?

greets
    Markus

2. Hm. Interesting question that I'd like to see some answers too...

3. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    From what I've read from other users' experiences, you'll probably have to get a second adapter. I've read many experiences of two or more Tonecores not living happily together in a daisy chained power supply. Though I have read that they can sometimes/usually get along fine with different-brand pedals in a daisy chained power supply, as soon as another Tonecore is thrown into the mix, noise can result. The electronics in them seem to strongly prefer a dedicated power source.

The maddening thing is that there seems to be a huge "your mileage may vary" factor to this. But what I've described above seems to be the "usual" case.