1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Question about Mesa Boogie M-Pulse Venture 2x10 600W Bass Amp!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gearfreak, May 12, 2006.

1. gearfreak

gearfreak

May 11, 2006
    Has anyone played through one of these, and if so what is the sound quality when hooked up direct out to PA or for recording.

2. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I use an M-Pulse 600 head (which is the same thing as in the Venture, only stand-alone). The DI out is versatile. You can adjust the output level at the amp, and you can select pre or post EQ.

3. I love mine, though I haven't recorded from it yet (next weekend).

4. I rented one for a metal gig back in December. Simply put, you won't find a better combo amp anywhere. My only complaint about it is that it's as heavy as a whale. Probably around 130 lbs. But the low end this thing generated was awe-inspiring. Come to think of it, I might have had the 2 x 12", I can't really remember. In any case, it's an awesome combo to play through; the DI is quiet, and the soundman just raved about how he loved the tone and being able to balance the sound through the PA.

Peace!

5. I had the 2X10 and returned it cause it didn't have enough bottom for what I was doing but with me I like a Lot of Bass in my stuff. the 2X12 would be much much better but Mesa Discontinued it.
    it is a very heavy combo amp! its really loud and if you don't need a lot of BOOM then try one and it may suit you. But I'd look into just buying the head and then just get a nice Berg or Shroeder 2X10 or 1X12 cab to go with it and it wuill be much easier to move around at gigs and might even sound better..

6. gearfreak

gearfreak

May 11, 2006
    Thank you guys so much, I have not had the chance to sit down with one and play through it. I played through a Line 6 LowDown 1x15 yesterday and I was very supprised with the sound. I was not expecting that much punch in this combo amp. I read reviews on it and some people were saying it would out perform a SVT with 8x10 cab. I dont thank so, but you know what, it was close. I put my SansAmp DI with it and used the onboard controls as well and got some amazing sounds. I am still very interested in the Mesa though, the weight may be a problem. The Line 6 lowdown is 74lb, not too bad for what you get.

7. I love my Walkabout 12" combo. Great tube pre, plenty of power, it handles my B string without problems, and it's not too bad to move around. It also has a good DI out in case I need to get a signal to the PA. I think it was worth every penny I spent on it.

8. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    I have an m pulse. Its alright. I don't think I would be a huge fan of it to be honest. I'll probably change it for something else at some stage down the line.

9. cesarbass

cesarbass Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Colombia, South America
    MTD Kingston international Artist
    looking for one to buy!!!

10. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    I had the 2x12 version of the Venture some time ago. It sounded great, but was pretty huge for a combo. The amp itself is very versatile and the the DI on the MPulse amps is very good.

I sold mine to a fellow TBer, it was just too big for me, but it did sound good. If you can deal with the size/weight ratio, I say go for it

enjoy!

11. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I dont think you can go wrong with it if the size/weight/speaker configuration fit what you need. The M-Pulse is a great head. Big booty rock tone.

12. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I owned a Venture 212 combo for about a year. Very sweet amp but I found the combo format a bit cumbersome to lift in and out of a vehicle. The tilt and roll setup though was great for wheeling the amp around and the tone was top shelf.