Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

question about metronomes

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by fr0me0, Jan 4, 2006.

1. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    ok its not really an emergency but it sounds cool doesn't it :p so anyways it just kinda dawned on me that mine skips alot of numbers it. Its one of the ones where you wind it up and slide the weight around. Like for example it skips from 144-152 is there just no kind of BPM in beteen there that I should be worried about? or maybe I need to get a digital one or something.

2. slybass3000

slybass3000 Banned

Nov 5, 2004
    Montréal,Qc,Canada
    You mean you've got an old Tacktell metronome. They are not very steady after a while because it is due to the mecanism. And as far as having the choice to go up and down by one increment is very important.
    So,get a digital one.They are cheap and accurate.

SB

3. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    ok thanks, any idea if they can e plugged into headphones? or even like plugged into an amp then have the amp plugged into headphones. bassically what i'd like to accomplish is being able to hear a metronome and myself play threw headphones when its too late to play loudly

4. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    Impish dwarvelike creatures wearing red boots and green tunics that live on the underground, usually carry a fishing rod.

5. PaulonBass

PaulonBass

Jul 15, 2005
    Cor you a little bit out there aren't you, a little bit wacky

you freakin nutjob stop being a crazy man

6. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    Korg makes an excellent electronic metronome.. it's loud, blue and cheap! ;)... if you want one that doesn't skip BPMs

7. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I thought they were little short guys who work out a lot, are dapper dressers, and who keep their condos clean, but somehow still dig chicks.

8. Ooooooooooooh I geeeeeeeet it!

metro-gnome!

It took me a few minutes cause I don't read the topic out loud, but I got there :D

9. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    Maybe in Hollywood? On this side of the pond the gnomes are old skool :D