Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

question about my amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pil101, Sep 23, 2003.

1. pil101

pil101

Jul 8, 2000
    hi, recently i had one of my eden 410 xlt speakers reconed. after i put the newly reconed speaker back in the amp appears to be putting more sound out of the left front and left bottom. any ideas what is going on?
    now a different speaker is buzzing and it looks like the previous owner put silicone around the dust cap (this is the bottom left). this thing is becoming a nightmare.

erik

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    ok 1st see if you wired the driver in phase
    plug a speaker cable into the cab and put the terminals of a 9 volt battery against the end of the cable - (one terminal should touch the tip of the cable's plug and one should touch the metal "sleeve" of the plug which is the part of the plug right after the lil dividing line after the tip)
    all of your drivers in the cab should either jump out or in
    if you newly installed driver does the opposite of what all the others do, take it out and wire it backwards from how you have it

3. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    Ditto what's been said.. and about that newly buzzing speaker:
    Carefully clean all the old "silicon" off the dust cap and reattach the cone with a hot-melt glue gun. Depending on your skills with a hot glue gun, it may or may not look like a new one, but it will fix the sound (if that's what's wrong with it.)

-Mike

4. pil101

pil101

Jul 8, 2000
    thanks guys. that seemed to help.