1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question About My Ampeg Rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mcal11, Feb 27, 2008.

1. I have an Ampeg B2-RE head which runs at 250 watts at ohms and i run that through an Ampeg SVT-12HE which has an rms of 300 watts. I want to get another cabinet probably a SVT-15He but the problem is my head runs at 450 watts at 4 hms and if you split that evenly its 225 watts per cabinet and the rms of the svt15he is only 200 watts if i get that cabinet will i blow it playing with that head?

2. dj150888

dj150888

Feb 25, 2008
    Belfast, Ireland
    Not necessarily, you'll only blow it if you're pushing the amp. It really depends on what sort of volume you need to play at. the 25W difference won't be huge but to be careful, I wouldn't push the amp. (I wouldn't recommend doing that anyway though)

3. No I have that head as well and it seems a little under rated power wise, I ran it with a 2x10 8ohm 500 watt and a 250 watt 1x12 8ohm, 750 rms total for both cabinets and it did not feel like enough power I think you will be just fine and better off at a 500 watt rms total load for your cabinets don't worry about one cabinet rated at a 100 watts more as always watch spiking your eq freq to much and make sure your clip light don't stay on solid red

4. Also make sure you don't go under the 4ohm rating so be sure both cabinets are 8ohm if you want to run 2 cabinets

5. thanks everyone really appreciate it