Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

question about my bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ryder69, Jun 21, 2003.

1. ryder69

ryder69

Jun 7, 2003
    illinois
    yo i was wondering if I would be better off buying a new ibanez bass or rewiring and restringing my yamaha and buy a ampeg amp?:bassist:

2. ryder69

ryder69

Jun 7, 2003
    illinois
    ive been here for awhile buddy. but i need help with the question

3. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    If your Yamaha is decent bass, I would re-wire it.
    You could get some better electronics and new strings, and buy an amp, this may be best if you don't already have an amp.

4. ryder69

ryder69

Jun 7, 2003
    illinois
    ok i am using a yamaha rbx speacil model . the wiring inside the cavity is all screwed up some arent even connectd anymore so 1. it doesnt work with a amp 2.It needs re strung because the strings arent sounding great 3. i cant tune it because of the wiring problem. but the amp i do have at the moment is a crate so its not great. now the ibanez is the soundgear bass and its got active wich my yamaha doesnt. So my thing is fix up the bass i got right now wait till my **** improves then go for a higher quality bass down the road.

5. ryder69

ryder69

Jun 7, 2003
    illinois
    yo dude is there any way to change it out of a passive to active:bassist:

6. ryder69

ryder69

Jun 7, 2003
    illinois
    hey i heard that like a neww bass wouldnt really madder but a new better sounding amp would be better. since the ibanez is active would that help sound or it madders more about amp.

7. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    I dunno, personally I would go with the bass...
    If your bass is crappy- a crappy bass won't sound better on a good amp, maybe worse...
    ||_-soto-_||