Question About My Combo...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassGod, Mar 6, 2005.

1. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    On the back of my Yorkville xm200, there is a 1/4" outlet that says 'Extension Speaker Outlet: 4 ohms minimum'. Does this mean that I can attach a cabinet to my amp? And what does the '4 ohms minimum' part mean, and how can I tell what cabinets fit this requirement?

My guitarist will be upgrading his amp soon, so I will need to be louder.

Could anyone recommend a cabinet that I could use, that would meet the '4 ohms' requirement (preferably one that emphasizes mids)? While I'm not new to playing bass, I am quite the newb when it comes to anything outside of combo amps.

So thanks for any help you can give me! :)

Graeme :bassist:
  2. Well this cabinet was made specifically to go under the XM200; XC115X
    But if you wanted one that emphasized mids then you could go for this one; XC210
  3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA

It is saying that your amp can handle another 4ohm minimum cab. Your combo should have currently a 4ohm load so you may add another 4ohm (cab)load. This will be running the amp at 2ohms. You could add an 8ohm cab but you would be at 2.67(?) ohms so you wouldn't be getting full power out of your amp.

There are way too many cab choices out there. If you want it to have more mid emphasis then I would stay with a 2x10, 4x10, 1x12, or 2x12. I would recommend checking out the Avatar cabs. The big thing is to find a really efficient cab so you can make the most of the 100watts it will be receiving.