1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question about my new demeter201s

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CBBass123, Jul 24, 2007.

1. CBBass123

CBBass123 Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2005
    Texas
    The 60/120 bass switch does what?? I'm lookin to squeeze out clean low bass out of this thing. The mids are incredible but seems to lack the lows unless i'm setting wrong. The problem is i live in a small town home and cannot crank it to see the difference. The only time i have is right before my gigs which is not enough time due to my members always being late from work. Should i have switch pushed in or out for more bass and have bass knob all the way. My RBI seemed to have a monstrous amount of bass with knob 50 to 60% up. Any ideas? Thanx

2. CBBass123

Oct 18, 2005
    Texas
    searched and found something...so disregard if you want...thanx

3. CBBass123

Oct 18, 2005
    Texas
    found info but not my info...
    60hz engaged for cleaner fatter bass?
    or
    120hz engaged for cleaner fatter bass?
    What does it do?
    Thanx

4. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    unfortunately i sold mine long ago and don't remember which setting was bassier (for some odd reason i remember preferring the 120hz setting), but there are a lot of people on here who own one and will be able to give you a hand. i will say that ime the 201s was VERY bass shy (but i agree completely on the mids), it took quite a bit of onboard eq'ing of my bass to get a semi-thick sound. this was a big part of the reason i sold mine, but of course ymmv......

5. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    60 hz will give you a deeper bass response, 120 gives you a tighter thump, good for fast fingerstyle. It's all good really, it's just a matter of personal preference.

The old Demeters sounded wonderful but had a modest low end response in my experience. The controls have a milder taper than what most people are used to, which is a Demeter trademark of sorts.

Your next purchase will be a pair of Acme Low B-2s. So it is written, so it shall be done. :D

6. CBBass123

Oct 18, 2005
    Texas
    Its seems from low volume that i can play here...that with the 120hz engaged...it its a bit louder. Will different tubes help achieve a lower/cleaner bass response? Any input deme users?

7. musicmansf

musicmansf

Jul 23, 2007
    San Francisco
    Yes, bump. As mine is also in the system on its way to me as we speak :hyper: