Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question about my Spector Euro 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by markfsanderson, May 25, 2005.

1. I purchased a Spector Euro 4 about 7 months ago . . . I'm having trouble figuring out which preamp that I have . . . I can't seen any name brand, it's just a black rectangular box when I look in the battery compartment . . . Any help on identifying this beast?

Thanks!
    Mark F. Sanderson

2. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Tone Pump. If it was a Aguilar it would say so.

3. Thanks for the fast answer! I'm assuming I can find data on the Spector site . . .

Thanks!
    Mark F. Sanderson

4. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    What Data would you be looking for? It's a boost only B/T system. 9V is the standard power. Some people say to upgrade it to 18V but I have it from the source that there is no need for it, it's hot enough as it is at 9V.

5. I was wondering if I could install a defeat swtich internally so I could use an external preamp for fun and entertainment . . . I believe (I could be wrong) that the Aguilar does a have facilities to install a defeat swtich . . . I'm interested in experimenting with different sounds . . .

Regards,
    Mark F. Sanderson

6. According to the Spector website, the Euro LX has the tone pump . . . I can't find any reference to the Euro 4 (NOT LX/DX) - I bougt mine about 7 months ago, and it was at least 6 months old at that point. . . . The control layout looks different as well . . . The instructions claim tha the controls for the Tonepump is Volume/Pickup Select/Treble/Bass . . . . I have V/V/B/T . . . could this be an older Tone Pump?

Thanks for your help!
    Mark F. Sanderson