1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Question about my Spector Euro 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by markfsanderson, May 25, 2005.

1. I purchased a Spector Euro 4 about 7 months ago . . . I'm having trouble figuring out which preamp that I have . . . I can't seen any name brand, it's just a black rectangular box when I look in the battery compartment . . . Any help on identifying this beast?

Thanks!
    Mark F. Sanderson

2. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Tone Pump. If it was a Aguilar it would say so.

3. Thanks for the fast answer! I'm assuming I can find data on the Spector site . . .

Thanks!
    Mark F. Sanderson

4. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    What Data would you be looking for? It's a boost only B/T system. 9V is the standard power. Some people say to upgrade it to 18V but I have it from the source that there is no need for it, it's hot enough as it is at 9V.

5. I was wondering if I could install a defeat swtich internally so I could use an external preamp for fun and entertainment . . . I believe (I could be wrong) that the Aguilar does a have facilities to install a defeat swtich . . . I'm interested in experimenting with different sounds . . .

Regards,
    Mark F. Sanderson

6. According to the Spector website, the Euro LX has the tone pump . . . I can't find any reference to the Euro 4 (NOT LX/DX) - I bougt mine about 7 months ago, and it was at least 6 months old at that point. . . . The control layout looks different as well . . . The instructions claim tha the controls for the Tonepump is Volume/Pickup Select/Treble/Bass . . . . I have V/V/B/T . . . could this be an older Tone Pump?

Thanks for your help!
    Mark F. Sanderson