1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

question about my svt

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mayaslady, Mar 20, 2009.

1. mayaslady

mayaslady

Mar 14, 2009
    I am 59 now.still jam .I own an ampeg svt. How can I tell how old or rare it is.I've had it foreverand it is in mint condition.The reason is When mesa boogie announced the making of the D180 I ordered one .lucky to be stamped on the amp # 13 sweet and mint. It came with an anvel case but I didn't want the graphic eq put in it so I stopped using the svt both are great sounds but I liked the anvel look and its protection of the rig in the future is a svt vintage still sought after .I haven't decided what to do with it yet I built a 24X20studio .All my equiup is from the 60's /70's I have 2 12 channel peavey mixers 1 16 channel mixer all in great sounding shape because I took care of all of them. I was lucky enough to have a brother drummer that was friends owith the greatful dead so he asked their drummer to have their equip rep make Monitors.They are huge great with E V 15's and paul said the plug in system was the best and expensive .

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    If you post a couple pics, we can tell you within 3-5 years when it was made. Otherwise you can check the date codes on the transformers, or pull the preamp and check the date codes on the pots. Serial numbers are useless for SVT's made until 86.

3. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    if it has its original filter capacitors there are EIA dates on them as well.