1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question about neck joints

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NickCormier, Aug 7, 2007.

1. NickCormier

NickCormier

Dec 3, 2006
    Soo, What are the types of neck joints on many basses?

Im looking for one that isnt a square-block joint.. I think the more cooler joints are like the Peavey cirrus?? I think, anyways the ones where it almost looks/feels like a setneck or neckthru, but its bolt on.. AANJ doesnt really do it for me either..

Anyone know of any cheap guitars (~250) that has a setneck/neckthru looking/feeling bolt joint?

2. not that i know of. the cost of development and manufacturing something more intricate raises the price to the consumer. you may find some that have a bit more of a rounded feel but nothing smooth like a cirrus.

3. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
  4. NickCormier

NickCormier

Dec 3, 2006
    lefty you missed my point.. I meant still a bolt on, but they look and feel like Set-necks.. like theres no huge block of wood there to hinder your arm from reaching upper frets. Like if you ever seen the BC Rich I.T neckjoint, i think its only for 6 string guitar, but still.. or the Peavey Cirrus has it too I think.. just wondering if theres anything more like that.

5. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    the Chinese made Epiphone Les Paul basses are set neck and cost around $250.

6. NickCormier

NickCormier

Dec 3, 2006
    ^ ^ ^

7. freakbass

freakbass "Pile-drivingly Heavy" since 1983

I think he's talking about something more like the heel on the Conklin GrooveTools line.

Sorry for the massive pic...
    [​IMG]