Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question about old-school Bassman cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by needmoney, Feb 27, 2005.

1. I'm borrowing one of my mates cabs cos i'm saving for mine, and it's an old-school Bassman 2x15 cab. It says it's 4 ohms, does anyone know what the power handling on these things are? And how come it has 2 inputs on the back?

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    This is just a guess but it might be so you can power each speaker seperately or bridge it.

3. Proabably a stupid question, but what's the difference between powering each speaker seperately and bridging it?

4. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    You can use two different pre-amps/power-amps/heads or whatever else you can concoct. :0

5. My guess would be that the two 1/4" connectors are wired in parallel so that you could run another cab off it.

I thought most of the old Fender cabs had the power rating printed on the input panel. regardless, I wouldn't put more than 200 watts through it, let your ears be the judge, you can hear when the speakers are straining - just don't push them too hard past that point.

6. Yeah I remember my friend does that with his rig, thanks Frankie.