1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Question about old-school Bassman cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by needmoney, Feb 27, 2005.

1. I'm borrowing one of my mates cabs cos i'm saving for mine, and it's an old-school Bassman 2x15 cab. It says it's 4 ohms, does anyone know what the power handling on these things are? And how come it has 2 inputs on the back?

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    This is just a guess but it might be so you can power each speaker seperately or bridge it.

3. Proabably a stupid question, but what's the difference between powering each speaker seperately and bridging it?

4. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    You can use two different pre-amps/power-amps/heads or whatever else you can concoct. :0

5. My guess would be that the two 1/4" connectors are wired in parallel so that you could run another cab off it.

I thought most of the old Fender cabs had the power rating printed on the input panel. regardless, I wouldn't put more than 200 watts through it, let your ears be the judge, you can hear when the speakers are straining - just don't push them too hard past that point.

6. Yeah I remember my friend does that with his rig, thanks Frankie.