Question about polishing the fretboard...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jenderfazz, Aug 2, 2003.

1. My fretboard is horribly dirty. I should clean it with lemon oil, apparently (it's rosewood by the way). Just a question: I have this wood polish that's orange based. I'm just wondering if someone has encountered a product like this (which is really amazing on woods like maple) and how it would react to a rosewood fretboard. I'm guessing it should work, it's similar to lemon oil. Thanks.

PS, can someone recommend a brand of lemon oil to make sure I'm using the right product? Thanks.

2. BTBbassist

BTBbassist join us for mankala hour!

Apr 20, 2002
    Luthier's Corner would probably be a better place to ask this question. Really great luthiers hang out over there pretty consistently.

About the question...no idea. :D I use linseed oil to clean my fretboard.

I do use orange oil type stuff to polish up bare wood on furniture, so I imagine it would work well.

3. Thanks, I'll ask there.

4. DB5

DB5

Jul 3, 2001
    Austin Texas
    may I suggest you try Dunlop fingerboard conditioner, its made to treat your fingerboard.

5. dragonbass

dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    ........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder..........................................................
    Kyser LEM-OIL.......best stuff available!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 9, 2021