1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question about power amp conection bal XLR input

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wildman2, Jan 17, 2018.

1. wildman2

wildman2

Jun 8, 2016
    For grins and giggles Ive been looking at a power amp to run my 2 extra cabs at the same time as my tnt tour .Going to run the xlr output from my tnt tour to the xlr input of the power amp.
    The question I have is the xlr input feeds thru to the trs of the same channel can that trs now send a signal to say another power amp of same brand or any brand?Was wondering in the very unlikely event I'd ever have the need to hook another power amp and cabs up.
    This is from the manual of the power amp.Ive underlined the sentence that intrigued me.I know zip about power amps by the way, in case you guys haven't figure that out already. .
    "Pin 2 Positive, Pin 3 Negative, Pin 1 Shield (Ground).
    Recommended for long or short runs, either fixed or
    frequently changed. Each channel’s XLR and TRS
    jacks are connected internally, and provide feed thru
    to the other connector."

2. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Bring Back Edit/Delete

Nov 30, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    The inputs of the power amp behave as you describe, and can be cascaded.

However, the XLR output of the TNT is designed to feed a mixer. You will probably get better results using the effects send instead. (The manual agrees)

3. What was your question again, please?

4. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Correct, there isn't enough drive level for a power amp.

5. wildman2

wildman2

Jun 8, 2016
    I thank you for the quick answers.And the correct way to hook it up.Knew I was going to do something incorrectly lol.I'd of maybe figured that out once the manual was read for the tnt.Prolly not brain ain't what it used to be.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021