1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question about powering a transmitter...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Fazed, Feb 26, 2008.

1. I just purchased a Samson Airline Bass wireless pack in this thread. The receiver runs off 9v battery, or a 12v wall wart. I was wondering if I could use one of the 9v pigtails on my SKB PS45 would power this thing, or will it mess it up. Of course, the manual states to ONLY USE THE SAMSON POWER SUPPLY. Of course they say that... Problem is, all my AC receptacles on the board are in use with other pedals. So... anybody have one of these or know if this is possible? Thanks.

Matt

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The fact that it takes a 12V wall wart makes me suspect that there is a step-down resistor after the DC jack; if that's the case, then using a 9V supply would mean you were getting much less than 9V after the step-down. No go. I would only use a supply that is the correct specified voltage; at least the specified amperage; and make sure whether AC or DC is needed.

3. Hey Bongo... Thanks for the reply. It didn't even occur to me that there would be a step down resistor. One other thought, I do have a 9v battery end to one of the pigtails, powered that way it should work.

As an aside... I read your compressor reviews and settings guide. Great stuff... I have the T-Rex, and like you I was hoping it would have been a little better for the price. I like the adjustability though... Oh well, looks like I just threadjacked my own thread.

Matt