Question about PU replements

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ksbblues, Apr 6, 2012.

  1. ksbblues


    Apr 6, 2012
    New member - first post.
    I recently purchased a Squire Vintage Modified Jaguar. It was a cheap purchase but it looks so good I had to add it to my collection. I would like to replace the PUs (it has the P J combo style) with possibly some Bartolini's. The volume/tone setup is 2 stacked control knobs (volume/tone for the bridge PU and volume/tone for the rear PU), there are no other controls.

    When attempting to find a replacement PU how do I know what the volume/tone control knob setup (configuration) will be for the new PUs? When I look at he PUs on the Bartolini ste, they never mention the vol/tone configuration. I've only changed out PUs one time a long time ago and the PUs I purchased did not have the same vol/tone knob configuration which caused me to have to route out that bass. I don't want to have to do that again so I was wondering if there is a way to know in advance of purchasing, what the knob configuration is for a particular PU?

    Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.