1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question about Q-Tron Envelope filters

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Pvt.Parts, Oct 5, 2009.

1. NortyFiner

NortyFiner Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Portsmouth VA USA
  2. Pvt.Parts

Pvt.Parts

Aug 21, 2009
    Maple Ridge, BC
    That was alot of help, apparently I'm not too great with the search function, haha.

3. the wife bought me a standard Q-tron (the one like the Q+, minus the loop) for a wedding anniversary present (in a few weeks time, but i had to test pedal....... you know what i mean, order online have to QC it myself)

and from what i heard i like it alot, i may have to open it and change the sweep pot (the one inside) as its set to guitar frequencies........ why do they do that, its a pedal mostly used by bassists and keyboards :(

4. Pvt.Parts

Pvt.Parts

Aug 21, 2009
    Maple Ridge, BC
    Does it still work alright with lower frequencies?

5. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    My big-box Q-Tron works wonders with the low end. So well, in fact, that after I win the Powerball, and settle the trust-fund-y stuff, I plan to buy another, and send it off to my bass-playing comrade in the only location in the Western Hemisphere where alligators and crocodiles coexist. First, though, I buys me a new Jaguar XJR.

6. yeah, it still quacks and stuff as intended, just the trigger/sweep frequencies are a little too high for my taste, i wont have the pedal agin for another 2 weeks so i cant monkey with it till then :crying:

its a standard thing with q trons, so i have read.

7. boogie8008

boogie8008

Nov 18, 2008
    Denver CO
    I think the plus is worth it for the effects loop. If you try to run a fuzz or distortion before or after it in the chain it is sounds horrible, but if you put it in the loop you can get some sweet synth tones.

8. knobbin

knobbin

Jan 21, 2007
    Kingston, ON
    Love my Q-tron+. I have the old trapazoid box ones, which are being replaced by the XO pedals. If you ask me the circuit is pretty much the same, but the XO boxes are way more durable. But i'm still not getting rid of my big fat Qtron+, its just too cool sounding and looking, the effects loop is awesome, theres also an extra control on the + version. I've run my bassballs(distortion on!) in the loop and sounds awesome, i also run the Balls after the Qtron+ which gets wicked huge synth sounds. It's all about experimenting with stuff, but having the effects loop is definatly awesome!

9. Pvt.Parts

Pvt.Parts

Aug 21, 2009
    Maple Ridge, BC
    Q-Tron + it is then, thanks everybody.