1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question about ratio of cabs to heads

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PsionAxis, Sep 10, 2008.

1. PsionAxis

PsionAxis

Dec 22, 2005
    Atlanta
    Hey, I have a question about a certain scenario I have been thinking about lately.

I own three Mesa 4x10 8ohm cabs, I currently use one for smaller gigs and the other two as a fullstack for heavier groups I play with.

I am thinking about starting up a doom project and if I do, I am wondering if there is any way to use all three of my cabs through just one head, I havent tried this yet for fear of damaging my equipment so I thought Id run it by the TB forums to see if anyone has any info on daisy chaining and the impendence matters on heads and cabs.

Thanks for your help, thinking about this it sounds kind of outlandish, but I figure there is no harm is asking.

Thanks

2. kalle74

kalle74

Aug 27, 2004
    run parallel, the impedance would drop to 2.7ohms. whether your amp can handle it or not, I don´t know. check your users manual...

3. PsionAxis

PsionAxis

Dec 22, 2005
    Atlanta
    I would be running it through a SWR workingman's 300, how would you go about running it parallel?