Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question about Roscoe basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassaussie, Mar 10, 2006.

1. bassaussie

bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Portugal
    Does anyone know when Roscoe switched from the 4-a-side headstock to the 2+2 headstock?

2. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    When I first layed eyes on a Roscoe back in 1989 they were 2+2, 3+2 & 3+3. If they were ever all in line it must of been prior to the LG and SKB models.

3. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Back when all new rock had hair that entered the stratosphere, there was this young rocker named Keith who made pointy guitars. As I'm told, they were pretty good too. He then started making basses. They sold more, so he started concentrating on those. When pointy guitars lost their popularity, God smiled upon the young man named Keith and he began the quest to build the best basses in the land. Enter Monty Python trumpetting music.

If my history needs revision, please add to the tale of "Young Keith".

4. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Maybe your talking about the Fender Roscoe Beck sig. basses?

Bassconbeatz

5. bassaussie

bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Portugal

Yeah, these are the instruments I'm talking about. Thing is, I know for certainty that he made some basses with 4-a-side, pointy headstocks. I just want to know when they date from.

6. Gard'll know. I'm sure he will chime in soon.