Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question about running my 215XLT and 410XLT's together/sep with diff basses?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by schmittuml, Jun 15, 2005.

1. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    I am going to be getting this for my final setup:

Eden 215XLT
    Eden410XLT
    Eden Navigator
    QSC PLX1602

Basses:
    Modulus Flea 5
    Marcus Miller Jazz

I wanna know if there is any way (and if so what do I need) to have these to be able to be run together, but also the option of running each cab seperate

Ex: Using the Flea through the 410 or both...
    Ex: Using thr Marcus just through the 215 for the vintage tone.

Is there any way to run these seperate on each channel of the poweramp and have them selectable?

Is there any way I can do this with some sort of pedal A/B box or something? I am posting this here and in effects.....

Thank you...

-Brian Schmitt

2. schmittuml

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    bump for help.

3. Just a guess / thought - if your EDEN Navigator preamp has 2 outputs, plug them into the right and left side of your QSC PLX1602 and then power each cab with one channel of the power amp.

When you want the Eden 215XLT, turn up the volume on that channel of the QSC PLX1602. When you want the Eden 410XLT, turn up the volume on that channel of the QSC PLX1602.

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    that is exactly what you should do. ;)

5. schmittuml

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    I know it will be less power then in bridged mode, but will it sound ok when i turn both channels up?

im still a bit shakey on wghat stereo mode actually sounds like..... having a 410 on one channel and a 215 on the other will sound ok?

6. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

Although you won't have quite as much power as you would in bridged/mono, running the cabs in stereo will allow you to customize the amount of power each cab is getting. This way, you can adjust the balance between the cabinets to get a sound that suits you for the particular room/band you're playing in.

7. You could just plug the Navigator into one input and get the same effect right?

By the way, AMAZING Rig!

:bassist: