1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Question About Sans Amp Para Driver

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sfericean, Apr 2, 2006.

1. :help:
    Hey everyone!

I had a question re: A Sansamp Para Driver. I've owned the Sans Amp Bass Driver and I loved the pedal however, I couldn't help but notice myself saying,

"Dang I wish I had a mid sweep on this thing. It would really send this pedal over the edge."

Now I couldn't help but notice that the Sans Amp Para Driver is pretty much the exact same pedal as the Sans Amp Bass Driver but with a mid sweep.

My question is: Has anyone had any success with the Para Driver? Because I can't seem to find any reviews online for the pedal and I'm lookin' to get one.

Now I also realize that Sans Amp stuff is pretty much the same no matter which pedal you have (blasphemy!) but I just wanted to know if anyone has givin' this pedal a shot at a gig or has owned one/played one that can say "Yeah its great" or "Yeah it sucks"

Thanks

2. uly_

uly_

Jul 4, 2005
    Denmark
    Just wait for DarkHarted to check in and he will write you 4 pages about how great the Para Driver is :p ;) :D

From the clips he has posted I think it sounds great.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yup, it's the BDDI minus presence control and plus mid sweep. I think it's great. If you do a search you'll find many discussions on the para drive

4. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    F***in' A

Seriously though, this thing is pretty much my rig in a small little 9V powered box!

Samples:
    P-Pickup: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2747354&postcount=93
    J-Pickup: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2753213&postcount=99

As per those posts, if you set the mid sweep to 2 o'clock it's the same as the BD's presence. You can get everything from bright and clangy to dark and disturbing. I think the samples say it all though :D :bassist:

5. Thanks for the settings Dark...I'm super stoked cuz my PDDI is coming in the mail on Tuesday. Can't wait to hear it out of my 8x10.

:hyper: Thanks,

6. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    You're welcome, dude! :D