1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question about Sansamp bass driver and Computer audio interface!

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Benny Bonez, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Benny Bonez

Benny Bonez

Mar 31, 2010
    Hello all this is my first post...

I use a Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1 as my audio interface with my Mac......If i buy a Sansamp bass driver DI.....Can output the signal from the bass driver into the input of my audio interface???

Also...Will the sansamp bass driver fatten up the tone? as opposed to using Amp simulator plugins???

would love some feedback or opinions! Thanks!

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    first question...of course! just plug it in as you would a bass.

second...plugins have gotten really good over the past couple years. but many people love the sansamp. so it's a judgment call. do what you think is best.

3. Benny Bonez

Benny Bonez

Mar 31, 2010
    Thanks jimmy!...I just bought the Ampeg SVX by IK multimedia...and im testing that out right now.....

4. uhdinator

uhdinator

Apr 20, 2010
    Maine
    Here is a sample:

Both tracks recorded at once, parallel out to channel 1 on interface, effected output on channel 2.

peak levels set the same, all settings at 12 o'clock except the blend which was all the way on at 5 o'clock. One thing I notice is the even though peak levels were set the same the effected track has a better average RMS level so it sounds fuller. The Sans amp gives it some compression and smooths it out a bit as well as changing the tone.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6319946/Bass direct.wav

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6319946/Bass sans amp.wav

5. Benny Bonez

Benny Bonez

Mar 31, 2010
    Sounds great man! I notice a huge difference! What interface are you recording into if you dont mind me asking?....Thanks for the sample! You Rule!:hyper:

6. uhdinator

uhdinator

Apr 20, 2010
    Maine
    that was recorded using line level output setting on sans amp into a Motu ultralite,
    into channel 1,2, preamps on the MOTU.

7. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT

actual sansamp bddi into fast-track vs sansamp plugin