1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question about Sansamp DI/BDI21

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Azalin, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Azalin

Azalin

Mar 9, 2010
    Greece
    Both of those pedals have a XLR out for DI.
    I want to make a natural blending of my clean and dirt signal through the 2 inputs of my amp and before it goes to the cab.
    DI (XLR to jack) from the pedal goes to the first, and the pedal chain goes to the second.

Both of those pedals are "sound shaping", and will mess with my clear bass sound/signal.
    So, easy question.
    Do the pedals have to be turned on for the DI to work?

2. dune2k

dune2k

Sep 26, 2009
    Germany
    No. (At least the BDI21 doesn't, don't have a Sansamp.)

3. No, Sansamp doesn`t have to be on.

4. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    if you're looking at it with the price in mind, don't go tech21 and get 3 BDI21s. Give one to someone for christmas.

They're awesome.

If money is NO object do the same with the sansamp.

The Bass Driver is a GREAT piece of gear and is at least slightly better to my eyes and ears. They can both be used for getting different tones, as instrument preamp/DIs, or for dirt pedals. Great tools, BOTH of them.

They both have great clean DIs.
    They both have pretty much the same featureset

the BDI21 looks like ampeg gear (same silver grey, same chrome oval)...which may be of interest...but to be clear here there is only a SLIGHT difference in these products. Is it worth $100?

Get the sansamp and you'll never want for a black box.

Get the BDI21 and you may find that you want more than just a preamp/DI with some dirt.

...or be ENTIRELY satisfied.

Probably that.

5. Azalin

Azalin

Mar 9, 2010
    Greece
    Thanks for the replies.
    My main issue is the natural blending.
    And instead of getting an LS-2 (great pedal btw) for the blend faction, to try and do it "naturally" through a pedal to amp cable.
    I see noone objecting with that, so i might as well do it =)

@newbold: i already have the bdi21. Can't say i always love it soundwise, but it's really versatile and for this price, I don't think I can find something else like it.
    I used a few behringer pedals and so far, it seems i will not be changing the bdi21 any soon.
    The only thing that's bothering me about it, is the possible loss of low end and at what setting it can be avoided.