Question about Sansamp & others.....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by superfly, Nov 11, 2004.

1. superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    Is there anything that can do what the Sansamp Bass Driver stomp box does for less $$$ ? I'm talking about the nice warmth and fullness that it adds to a solid state amp. Either box or rack mount.
  2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Rackmount for less money? Nope.

The Sansamp BDDI can be found used in good condition for around $90 - $100 if you look. You'll be hard pressed to find anything that can even come close for that kind of money.
  3. I looked here, dudepit, bassgear, craigslist and ebay and never saw a pice at or below $100.

4. waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    I use an ART Tube MP as my preamp, going into the effects return of my Workingman's 10. It was $25 used and it adds nice overdrive. It gets one sound, and there are no adjustments you can make on a passive bass, besides tone, because it bypasses the eq on the amp. I like that sound and I think it sounds really nice with all my basses. I have vintage and modern basses. I have the MP go into an ART Levelar tube compressor. $50 used and it is super easy to adjust. $75, two tubes and a nice, full sound.
  5. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
  6. I stand corrected. Of the 17 Items that I saw completed in the last 2 weeks there was one that was below $100 (looks like it sold in 9 minutes with BIN). The next closest price was $120. The range is anywhere from $100 to $189. The actual average of the 17 completed auctions $141.50.

Can you find one for under a $100....... yes. Is that near the average price for a used BDDI..... No. I think if you can get one for $130 or less, you are getting a better than average deal.

No offense, I just have been looking for one of these for lately. If you can buy these for $100, do it and you could sell them all day long for $130 and make some money.