1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question about SKB's CS and Warranty

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ampeg SVT, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

I have a SKB Roto Shallow X rack that I just used for the first time at a show. But someone took the lids from the rack, so I emailed SKB (I am already registered for this rack) since they have a shop which apparently you can order stuff for free that you need if you need replacements.

I email and I was told that the rack was made and sold as a set and that since the whole thing was cut from a single piece of plastic that any other lids might not fit.

I am just thinking BS?

I have never had to deal with customer service for any company before and now my first experience is questionable.

Is this just BS or is this the truth (the whole lids wont fit since its a set)

2. Sounds like some inexperienced Customer Service Rep. to me, feeding you a line of BS. Just my opinion. How much variance in their spec is there, would be my next question ?

3. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

4. Buzz

Buzz

Feb 3, 2004
    Metro Detroit
    I only had to deal with them once. I bought a new 4 space case that didn't have the rubber seal in one of the lids. I called them and they shipped me out enough rubber tubing to do at least two lids. I just crazy glued it in and it's been fine ever since. I have no complaints with SKB. Perhaps you should try calling them again.

5. hey

hey

Jul 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Someone stole only the lids? Wonder what that guy needed them for...

6. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    Someone stole his....

7. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    doesn't sound like a warranty issue, but i'm very surprised that they can't just tell you a set...