question about tab

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kidbass, Jul 13, 2001.

1. WHat the heck does the h mean in the tabs
  2. whiteshadow

Jul 3, 2001
    It usually means hammer-on. Many tabs have a notation before the actual tab is written. But I'm sure that many people will tell you tabs are bad. Read the music. But I usually use tabs :D
  3. You know whats stoopid. i was reading a chord chart and they had 'C" "G" "H#"
    like what!!!

4. Merls, you never heard of H#? I guess youre not a pro then, cause all the PrOz KnOw WhAt A h# ChOrD iS!

sorry, im silly tonight
  5. Welcome to my World! Its like a circus in my head all the time, and the monkey never gets tired of his squeeze box! :p

6. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    I don't know if this is true or not, but I read once that in Germany, they have the note H instead of G#. So, H# would be A. Possibly.
  7. you guys are WAY out!

yawnsie was almost right though...

in some european countries, instead of B they have H... but H# would be C, so it´s still pretty stupid to have it in a tab....

and Hb, is written B... don´t ask me why... so my B is like your Bb.... stupid...

I have a theory why this is how it is... here goes:

a long, long time ago
    in a galaxy far..... ;)

when europeans first saw music scores, they saw "b", but often when people right "b" it looks like "h".... so they thought it was "h" and not "b", and kept using it that way...

:) that´s my theory....

btw... although H is used here in iceland, I always say B...

but a h in a tab would most likely mean hammer-on... unless it´s a chord... then it´s just a B chord...

ps. there was a big dicussion on this on TBL about a month ago...
  8. You know what annoys me? is people who pick to pieces how we would say the letter "h". some go "haaych" others go "aach" then there's the arguements.... like i thought bassists had nothing better to do than Talkbass, i was wrong.

9. I pronounce it "há"! :D

like "how" without the "w"....
  10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    please make titles somewhat more descriptive. thank you :)

p.s. this belongs in miscellaneous.
  11. Did anyone know that the letter H is spelled 'aitch?' I was watching a spelling bee on TV (don't ask why), and some kid got H as a word. Anways, just some pointless information you should all know.
  12. well, duh!