Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question about the Boss VF-1...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by napski, Nov 12, 2005.

1. napski

napski Great. Where the heck am I now?

Oct 27, 2005
    Does the Boss VF-1 have a guitar simulator with distortion while you are playing bass? I think it has an acoustic guitar simulator, but I was wondering if it had a guitar with distortion simulator.

If not, is there a pedal that does that (besides the Unibass)?

2. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    The VF-1 has quite a few electric guitar distortions in it. You can either use the presets, or customize one yourself (I have one, and the presets aren't bad, but it's best to tweak your own custom effects)

3. napski

napski Great. Where the heck am I now?

Oct 27, 2005
    Hey, with the VF-1, did you get a switch pedal or an expression pedal for it? Can you switch with the expression pedal, because I want to use it for wah effects instead of the auto wah?

I heard that you are only supposed to use the Roland EV-5 pedal with the VF-1 because it could damage the unit...is that true?

4. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I use the Roland FC -200...has an expression pedal and allows me to quickly run thru the banks to find the desired effect...guess that answers your second question as well about the EV-5 ;)
    here's a link

http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/FC-200/