Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

question about the dual inputs on SVT410HE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by socalpyropunk, Dec 12, 2001.

1. At my bands practice the other day on of our vocal PAs cut out and stopped working..crappy little fender PA used on for vocals..we left one behind the drummer but the guitarists and I oculdn't hear anything...I unplugged my SVT410HE and then ran the PA into it and we used that as one of our PA speakers....can I still use that for my bass too with the dual inputs on it because now my sound is lacking at practice.

2. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    NO!!!

3. Why wont that work?

4. Those are not dual inputs. You can use EITHER as an input and the other as an output. It's so you can daisy-chain the cabs wired in parallel. The two jacks are just wired together and putting to sources into these jacks is very dangerous. You would, in effect, be sending a signal from amp A into amp B and a signal from amp B into amp A-- not exactly a good combination. :)

5. ok thanks...damn good thing I didn't try that..I was wondering what the two jacks were for..I've always used combos and not use to seperate cabs yet

6. So this is your first time owning a head/cab setup? My first (and current) non-combo amp was an SVT3-PRO with the SVT410HE. Isn't it a great cab? I love the tone and volume of it. Hope you love this cab as much as I do. Good luck.

7. wellI'm halfway there..I'm actually running the cab as an extension to my Ampeg B2 Combo

8. Bass18

Bass18 Guest

Jul 21, 2001
    Australia
    Dont let them neglect such a fine quality cabinet by using it as a PA speaker! Its meant to pump out the satisfying sound of a bass! It craves it!

9. I know....but we have a big show comming up and we are recording so our practice we have been really concentrating on nailing all the vocal parts. We've got the music down about as good as we are gonna get it but are working on the vocals so I had to sacrifice a little:(

10. Sure you can do it..

the only problem is.. you have to buy a new cab afterwards..

remember.. a BASS (!) speaker is not a PA (!) speaker.

11. new cab?..our PA amp only puts out 80watt total at 4 ohm...that is split between one crappy PA speaker and my cab..both 8 ohm...
    can that damage the cab?