1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question about the PW-10 distortion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by olaff421, Jun 26, 2007.

1. olaff421

olaff421

Sep 29, 2006
    Murfreesboro TN
    I tried this unit out in a store and it sounded great. I like the onboard distortion modes, but the sales guy and I could not figure out how to turn the distortion off.

I'm really thinking about getting this pedal but If I can't figure out how to turn the distortion off it's kind of useless. Does anyone that owns the pedal know how to do this?

2. From the manual.

Manual is abit difficult to read, but I think you have to push the wah to the heel position and then hold it back for two seconds.

3. olaff421

olaff421

Sep 29, 2006
    Murfreesboro TN
    Yeah, I read that, but I don't have the pedal in front of me to mess around with so I'm not sure if that's it.

It sounds like it is, but I think they contracted Sandscrit majors to write the manual, then translated it to Japanese, then to German, then to English.

4. olaff421

olaff421

Sep 29, 2006
    Murfreesboro TN
    Anyone that owns this pedal have any advice?

5. I have one (although my dad has it at the moment). IIRC turning the drive control to 0 turns the distortion right off. Holding the switch as described above bypasses the whole pedal (distortion and wah).

edit- I need to get mine back and play with it again. I thought it was a pretty great pedal.

6. Trying to read the manual crashed my computer for some reason, but on a second attempt I'm 95% certain that the drive knob's fully anti-clockwise position is in fact marked "off".

7. olaff421

olaff421

Sep 29, 2006
    Murfreesboro TN
    I know if you turn the knob to the 'off' position there is no distortion. However, I don't want to have to bend down to turn the knob in the middle of a song to have a clean tone. If turning the knob is the only way to turn the distortion off, then it is a pretty usless pedal IMO.

8. You can setup the heel switch to toggle between saved patches and the settings on the unit currently, so you could have two patches with the same wah but one without drive.

9. David Wilson

David Wilson Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    exactly, that's how I did it in the past

10. olaff421

olaff421

Sep 29, 2006
    Murfreesboro TN
    Well that still doean't make much sence to me. There's only 3 memory patches right? Why would they make something that you have to use up 2 patches just to have a clean sound. This pedal seems like they didn't think out the programming/interface too well.

11. David Wilson

David Wilson Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I can honestly say that in at least 4 years of owning the pedal I've never wished for more memory patches.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021