1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question about Warmoth parts.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Are they made from Warmoth parts? Just asking.

2. VJP

VJP Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2001
    NJ
    I'm pretty sure Warmoth gets all there parts from Sadowsky and Atelier Z.

3. No no no! Warmoth gets theirs from Yamaha, who gets theirs from Sadowsky, who gets theirs from Atelier Z, who gets theirs from Ibanez.

And you call yourselves professionals... :rollno:

4. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    From what I understand, Warmoth makes the parts themselves, but then builders put the parts together, then disassemble them to re-sell them as rebranded Warmoth parts, under a special license from Warmoth.

:D

5. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    If you uproot a Warmoth tree, you'll see a little turtle stamped on the root.

BTW, Woodchuck, I have a question for you. How much wood would you chuck if you could chuck wood?

6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    If not being totally handmade is a turnoff, then I am really happy that you didn't waste big money on a Sadowsky. Seriously, I hope you find a completely handmade bass that completely rocks your world.:cool: :bassist: :hyper:

7. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I don't own one (not that I wouldn't want one someday), but what about a Sadowsky is not hand built?

Is it the little gnomes he keeps in the basement wittling away that turns you off?

Or maybe it's all the CNC machines in Roger's living room, creating too much dust that puts you off them?

I don't know, and haven't heard of, too many bass builders sitting like Gepeto with a chisel, hand carving a neck out of a tree trunk.

8. ironfist

ironfist

Feb 5, 2000
    Wishnevsky builds all his Wishbasses from the ground up. You can't get much more handmade/homemade than that.

9. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    The idea of "hand-made" could be taken to the extreme.

I mean someone even could find fault with someone not cutting the tree down themselves.

As far as I'm concerned, it's the end product that matters. Whether or not that product is worth what it's selling for is totally subjective...and if it's selling, it's obviously worth it to someone.

10. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Everyone knows Warmoth parts are made from Nauga.

A lot of recliners too.

11. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

Aug 9, 2004
    Raleigh NC
    Silly Woodchuck, everyone knows that Warmoth parts are all made by the underpants gnomes. They finally figured out phase two of their business plan:

The Underpants Gnomes have a three-phase business plan, consisting of:

1. Collect underpants
    2. ???
    3. Profit!

#2 = build guitar and pass parts from the underpants.

12. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

NICE!!! Gnomes rule!

Rob

13. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    This handmade/machinemade controversy is a big deal with one Ed Roman. He goes on and on about how PRS guitars are CNC machined. Pretty funny reading.

14. I know it's a bad picture, but I was jumping to see over the wall to get a peek at the mystical Warmoth body tree!

[​IMG]

OK, so I'm not a wizard at photoshop, but this is where all of the bodies come from. Seriously. I know it is hard to see, but under the tree are Roger Sadowsky, Mike Lull, Carey Nordstrand, Dan Lakin, and Nino!

15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    LOL!

16. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Does Sadowsky use Warmoth parts?:bag:

17. ytsebri

ytsebri

Sep 1, 2000
    Dallas
    :p
    TOOOOOOOO Funny :p

I actually that Warmoth parts come from a stork who drops them in your fireplace, when it's not on fire that is. If it is on fire. Er, no parts for you :bawl:

As far as the handmade vs. machine made debate, I've never known a machine to get falling down drunk on a Thurs night then come in the next morning to make a bass or guitar. ;)

18. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Warmoth is actually ran solely by a man named Emilio. He runs the entire operation himself, -outside of the Phone-Sales Department.

BTW Emilio started out as a child actor. He was featured in a late 60's/early 70's U.S. EPA-funded commercial shown eating lead-filled paint chips in a Projects building.:eyebrow:

19. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

I was wondering that same thing. I think that pretty much all basses are made with Warmoth parts, including, but not limited to:

Nordstrand
    Ritter
    Jerzy Drozd
    Dingwall
    F Bass
    Benavente
    JP Basses
    Roscoe
    Zon
    Bee Basses

20. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

The problem with people like Ed is that they don't understand that routers, table saws and band saws are machines. By using these machines a bass is not "hand-made" and likely has exactly the same amount of hand work in it as a CNC built bass made by any high-end company.

"I guided the wood through the band saw."

"Yeah, but the computer did it more accurately."