Question about Warwick 5 string..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jin Kim, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Hi I just wondering is Warwick's low B OK?

I mean tension, sound.. I am looking for decent 5 string bass under $1000 & I saw one.

Model is Streamer Stage 1 5 string. Please Warwick users help me. :help:

I know some 34" low B makes great tension but tell me true story about yours. :bassist:

Thanks in advance..
  2. Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    If the Warwick in question is well-made (and with the newer Warwicks, some are awesome, some are average, some are clunkers), I don't think there is an issue with the B-string. I tried out a newer Thumb Bolt-On in a store and the B string felt nice (not floppy but not super stiff) and sounded fine (the notes had good enunciation and didn't buzz out. The strings weren't new, so they felt broken in.)

Then again, I've only been used to the subpar B-strings on cheaper basses so the Warwick Thumb's B sounded and felt rather good to me. When compared to a Roscoe or a Dingwall, that might be a whole 'nother story.
  3. tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    i have a warwick corvette standard 5. the low B on the bass is awesome. i played many other 5's and 6's before i bought, but the length on the warwick neck seemed very prim-o. in my opinion, shorter scale basses( fender's, MM's etc.) just didnt have the mass to handle that low string. i love my warwick. i also have a yamaha 5 but i like the warwick dark, meaty tone better
  4. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Streamer Stage 1? Those are sick! Great price too, they're over 2k new (overpriced IMO but still good).

Good B-string, hope you like wide string spacing (20mm).
  5. Buy it as an investment, if nothing else. Those things sell USED for 2G. Oh, & the dozen or so Warwicks basses I've played/owned have been fine as far as the B string is concerned.
  6. Nikolai

Apr 20, 2004
    I have a Dolphin SN5, and the B string on this thing is awsome, i have very low strings and i can tell you this thing is no clunker. No fretbuzz or stuff like that.. i love my warwick.. :)
  7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Warwicks have some of the most consistantly great B strings ive played.
  8. Yeah, I like wide spcing even though my hands are small enough.
    I've been using Fodera 5 strings since 2000, so I am familiar with wide spacing.

Thanks for your reply.. ;)
  9. This is why I love this site. Everybody is helpful to everyone.. :)

I got great informations within 3 hours.. :D

Who can do that?

Thanks a million..
  10. Vanman

Nov 14, 2004
    San Francisco
    I have a Warwick Corvette Standard 5. I think the B string tones are great...big fat and rude