1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question about watts

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by killboard, Oct 13, 2013.

1. killboard

killboard

Oct 13, 2013
    Mvd, Uruguay
    Hi! Is my first post here. First i want to say the forum is great and ive learned very useful things with your experience. Keep up the great work guys.

Second my question. A live in a small country and a local store is making progresive discounts in his products. im starting my first band with my friends and we are looking upgrade our PA cabs with 2 of these:

http://www.samsontech.com/samson/products/pa-cabinets/resound-hd/rs215hd/

This cabs are 600w, 4 ohms as i can understand. Actually we have a 4 chanel amp, with 4 omhs minimum, 75w for chanel. The model of the amp is pm42e, but the brand is doubtful, and change his name across countries, making hard gathering true details. Actually we are running 2 150w, 4ohms cabinets.

my question is, if the info is correct, can we get more loud(with a bigger amp) with our actual cabinets? and how much power we need to give to the samson cabs to reach their 100%?

Usually i read a lot but with the progresive discounts the time work against us. thanks in advice.:bassist:

2. 75 watts per channel is not all that much. Before you go investing money into new speakers I think you would be better advised to look for a more powerful amplifier. Stereo power amps can be had quite cheaply and could possible use the mixer in your current amp as a source.

Filling out your profile fully enables us to give you better advice. One of us could even live quite close to you and might help personally.

3. killboard

killboard

Oct 13, 2013
    Mvd, Uruguay
    Thanks paul. I filled the profile already. Master google shows me this.

Since the picture has exactly the same gear and the models are the same numbers, i dont know which specs are real, if believe in the 150w labeled in the cabs or the site information.

Anyway we are 4 childhood friends that learn to play recently and we are sarting to get our first things to make our first gigs in the near future.
    We choose starting to spend money in the group gear before to upgrade individualy. So cabs and the amp-mixer will be our first priority. The samson cabs are the best in the store stuff, so we are looking for the correct amp, which wattage in particular.

Anyway any opinions are welcome. Im not english native, sorry if im getting too wierd with my writing :D