Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question about XLR output on Rumble 100

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by crazyfingers, Jun 21, 2005.

1. crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Jun 21, 2005
    I just ordered a new Fender Rumble 100 that I'm planning on using for an upcoming show(actually my band's first really big show). Anway, I figure the amp itself isn't going to be quite loud enough so I'll have to plug into the PA. I've had some people tell me I'll need to mike it, but I was wondering if I can just use the XLR output or something like that and still be able to use the amp as a monitor for myself. The reason I'm asking is the last time I used an XLR output for a bass amp, it muted the speakers in the amp itself. Also, what exactly does the preamp out do or how can it be used. I'm really just wondering how I can run my amp to the PA without having to mike it. I'm sorta a newbie here so thanks for your help.

2. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    You should be able to run the xlr (line) out into the board and then use the amp as a monitor. At least that is the typical application. To be honest the manual doesn't really specify but if it does not work that way I will be really surprised.

What amp did you use that muted itself while using the xlr out? That is definitely NOT typical.

Your pre-out/power-in is the effects loop. If you have an effects unit that you want to use. try inserting it here. You may like the tone or you may not.

You should also be able to use the pre-out as a line out, just the same as the xlr-out only not as adjustable.

You can use the power-in if you have a preamp that you would rather use, bypassing the internal preamp (And foregoing the use of the pre-out). Or plug a mixer into it and you have a mini p.a.!

Let us know what you think of your new gear!

:D

Joe.

3. crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Jun 21, 2005
    I was actually using a really nice SVT-350 but maybe it was just because I had borrowed it from someone and I didnt really know how to use it. Thanks for your help though