1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question @ all guys who have played Foderas with 26 frets....;)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jules Forcella, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Jules Forcella

Jules Forcella

Aug 28, 2005
    Frankfurt a.M. / Deutschland
    Endorsing Artist: AccuGroove
    Hey there,

got a short Question :

I'm going to order myself an Imperial elite (5 Str. E-C) and I'm not quiet sure of the frets ... (24 or 26) - does that little longer Fretboard change in any Case the Feel of that Bass ??? Is the Neck then in a slightly different Position as it would be on a Standart 24 fret Neck ???
    As a lefty I 'm not able to test one - and I've never saw one with 26 frets here in Old Europe ;) yet....

I know that this are just 2 Notes more - I could also take the 24 fret Version ... but I'm interessted on your Experiences with that...

Let me know !!! THANKS !!!

Julian:bassist:

2. brandinstroy

brandinstroy Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2001
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I Support the following: Fodera, Noble Amps, JHAudio, Trickfish Amplification
    The neck placement is the same. All that happens is 2 frets are added after the 24th fret to the fretboard is extended past the standard end on a 24 fret bass. if you have a 24 fret bass imagine 2 more frets after the ones on the bass.

3. brandinstroy

Feb 21, 2001
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Just a note for you. The distance between the end of the fretboard and the neck pickup is very slim. So playing slap style would need some adjustment in your technique.

4. Jules Forcella

Jules Forcella

Aug 28, 2005
    Great :smug: - thanks !!!

I'm addicted to the feel and playability of my 24 fret, 34' Emperor elite .... and I don't want to loose that feeling in this new Project - because the Imperial will be 34' too...

thanks again:bassist:

5. Jules Forcella

Jules Forcella

Aug 28, 2005
    yes, I've noticed that .... but I've nearly quit Slapping...I became a total Fingerstyle Player - so this won't be a Problem and this is why I even came on that Idea with that 26frets :smug:

thanks

6. brandinstroy

Feb 21, 2001
    Colorado Springs, CO
    if you dont slap you could extend the fretboard all the way to the neck pickup

7. Jules Forcella

Jules Forcella

Aug 28, 2005
    I guess 26 will be enough :D

8. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    See if they will do a Pope-style removable fingerboard section for you...