1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Question.........bass/synth related.

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by G3Mitch, Aug 3, 2012.

1. G3Mitch

G3Mitch

Feb 8, 2011
    New Zealand
    hey dudes.

Ok, so a few years ago i was a player that didn't worry about sound guys, di's and such. But since then I have become heavily involved in effects and even run a synth now. I've never run a setup like what i have now live.

My setup:
    Bass/microkorg/korg monotribe > mackie 3ch mixer > pedalboard (w/sansamp bddi) > Ampeg pf500 > Ampeg 6x10.

From a little research on here at TB and various other sites, I've come to think maybe getting mic'd would be a good idea, but in talks with a sound guy i know and from ALOT of **** i've heard this could be a problem. Now, I primarily use the synthy stuff for noise/soundscape type interludes between songs, but there is ONE song i use the microkorg to carry the low end for 3/4 of the song.

i suppose i'm just after a little advice, anyone who's had a similar setup and come across problems with soundys, or any other issues. keeping in mind i can control all volumes and eq's of my synths via my small mixer, and have 2 di out options (sansamp bddi, ampeg pf500)

thanks