Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question: Best Bass Effect Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Big Ce, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Whats Shakin!!! :cool:

I need your help, I am looking for an all around bass effect pedal. I have a Roland Cube 100 amp, and I am looking for something that would work well with it.

My two Basses are Marcus Miller Jazz Bass, and a Tune Guitar Technology 5 String. Both play very well through the Cube but I want something extra. :cool:

Need Your advice. Thanks.

Peace
    Big Ce :bassist:

2. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    What do you want, a definitive answer?

There isnt one. The closest youll get is maybe something like a Boss GT-6B.

What kind of music do you play?
    Anyone famous whose sound you like?
    How much can you spend?

Help us to help you. :)

3. I play some of everything. I also slap aswell ala Marcus Miller. :bassist:

I hope that helps.

Big Ce :cool:

4. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    Much as I love effects, I'll be the first to say it complelty depends on what you want to accomplish. The GT6-B was mentioned in a previous post. The good news is you can do just about anything with that unit. The bad news is your probably not going to use half of the stuff on it.

The best thing is to go to a music store and try out some stomp boxes one at a time to get a feel as to what they do and how they effect your sound.

5. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Chorus and/or delay. Hours of fun right there, and terribly cheap.

Throw in a phaser or flanger to the mix, there's nothing just about you can't do as far as modulation goes.

Splurge and pick up one of the Line6 Delay or Modulation units. Friggin' amazing.

6. MMFender

MMFender

Sep 26, 2003
    Istanbul,Turkey
    get an EBS Chorus and you ll be set.

7. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Then in which case I say buy used, buy a lot and get a feel for what you like. Sell the ones you dont like without losing money.

8. my suggestion is get a cheap multi effect unit like the BP80. it sounds like you have no idea what you want, and you play everything, so that really leaves a big hole. get a BP80 or something like that, and play around with all the different effects and see what suits you, and focus on getting those.