1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

'Question Concerning Strings That Benefit The Neck

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by mustBmtd, Jan 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. mustBmtd

mustBmtd Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Tennessee
    Ran across a YouTube video, the other night with some Bassist named Malcolm Hall. And he was on the subject of Strings that benefit your neck or necks if you have more than one bass. And at this point I have a KSD Design 5, a Lakland 55-01, Fender Jazz 4, and last but not least one in layaway which is a used MTD Kingston AG 6. He was speaking on how he likes his fingerboard pretty much flat where as he can maintain very low string action which is what I kinda like. So I don’t have to finger as hard but with good deep tone. I've maintained a pretty good stay with Dean Markley's SR2000's and Dunlop Super Brights SS since they've hit the market. Wanted to know some of the TBer's opinions.

2. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Link?

Not 100% sure I understand what you are trying to discuss. Lower tension strings?