Question for Aguilar owners...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Daywalker, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    Anyone have a GS410/GS212 set-up? If so, how do they sound together? Pros/cons? I want it clean and puncy, but lots of fat, warm bottom too. Thanks...:bassist:
  2. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I've got exactly half of that setup (GS210 and a GS112). I power it with a Mesa M-Pulse 600. I play classic rock and blues in a three piece (plus singer) band with no PA support. We play medium size clubs and we play kinda loud. I've never had a problem. In fact, I usually get asked to turn down! Plenty of punch with the 210 and plenty of bottom from the 112. I know it's not the exact setup you had inquired about, but I thought you'd appreciate some input. It never ceases to amaze me how much you can throw at the Aggies and they just seem to handle it-no problem!
  3. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I had that setup for a while, and ended up selling the 212. The 212 has a very "scooped" midrange that I thought ruined the combo. If you boosted the mids to fill out the 2x12s tone you'd ruin the tone of the 4x10 and vice-versa. Couldn't find that happy medium.

I suggest using the GS410 by itself, with a GS210, GS115, or a second GS410 :bassist: Or go with a pair of GS212s if you're more into that tone. The 2x12s do have a better output/weight ratio ... they're light and they pump.