Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question for Aguilar owners...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Daywalker, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    Anyone have a GS410/GS212 set-up? If so, how do they sound together? Pros/cons? I want it clean and puncy, but lots of fat, warm bottom too. Thanks...:bassist:

2. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I've got exactly half of that setup (GS210 and a GS112). I power it with a Mesa M-Pulse 600. I play classic rock and blues in a three piece (plus singer) band with no PA support. We play medium size clubs and we play kinda loud. I've never had a problem. In fact, I usually get asked to turn down! Plenty of punch with the 210 and plenty of bottom from the 112. I know it's not the exact setup you had inquired about, but I thought you'd appreciate some input. It never ceases to amaze me how much you can throw at the Aggies and they just seem to handle it-no problem!

3. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I had that setup for a while, and ended up selling the 212. The 212 has a very "scooped" midrange that I thought ruined the combo. If you boosted the mids to fill out the 2x12s tone you'd ruin the tone of the 4x10 and vice-versa. Couldn't find that happy medium.

I suggest using the GS410 by itself, with a GS210, GS115, or a second GS410 :bassist: Or go with a pair of GS212s if you're more into that tone. The 2x12s do have a better output/weight ratio ... they're light and they pump.