Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question for all gigging players in Pennsylvainia

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Nov 26, 2004.

1. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    This thread can apply to anyone, but here in Central Pa is where we're experiencing problems.

I was wondering if you guys and gals in other parts of PA are experiencing problems with the Pennsylvainia Liqour Control Board concerning noise violations in clubs. Clubs are getting fined for having music that is too loud. "What constitutes being too loud?" you ask. Anything that is audible outside the walls of a club. There are no objective measurements such as db levels by which agents are administering citations. Just last week, three local clubs/bands were hit with warnings. Backwoods clubs seem to be as much as a target as the larger places.

I was wondering if we're the only ones dealing with this, or if other parts of PA are experiencing the same thing.

2. I am no in a gigging band but I do know that some local clubs closed there doors because of noise violations in bussiness districts when there would be noone around for it to bother. Most of wich were places that were having fundraisers when the complaints would come (ie. Toys for tots or red cross) The pennsylvania liquor control oard really needs to sit down and reevaluate there regulations.

3. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I haven't heard anything about this, but then again, I haven't been gigging. Then again, bar "bands" in State College are mainly one man acoustical cover guys, covering songs that shouldn't be done acoustically, anyway. But I suppose that is for a different thread.