Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question for all the DOD 250 users

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jnightmare, Oct 21, 2004.

1. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    hey there well im looking to buy a dod pedal and was wondering what the difference is between the YJM308 DOD signature pedal (black and orange) compared to the reiussed dod 250 pedal (yellow)? is there a tonal difference in the two? if so which do you think sounds better because i don't have access to the pedals. only way i can think of is if i go through the hassle of ordering each one and testing them and then returning the one i don't like. but to save me time i was hoping someone could shed some light on the differences for me.

2. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    I use the yellow (re-issue) and have never used or heard the orange one. I'd also like to know more about that pedal

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I believe the Yngwie model has higher gain. I haven't used it myself, but a friend who tried it on bass hated it but loved my old 250. YMMV.

4. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    Sorry for thread hijack, but I have a few questions too and might be bashed if I made my own thread.

So I have a home-made 250 clone. It seems the gain pot doesn't do anything for most of the way, and that most of the effect is concentrated at the end. I may have used the wrong pot. Is this regular or is it my mistake?

Oh yeah, and the sound is pretty fizzy as noted by SMASH. When I use the bridge pickup it sounds a little like a robot talking ;)