Question for all the DOD 250 users

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jnightmare, Oct 21, 2004.

1. jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    hey there well im looking to buy a dod pedal and was wondering what the difference is between the YJM308 DOD signature pedal (black and orange) compared to the reiussed dod 250 pedal (yellow)? is there a tonal difference in the two? if so which do you think sounds better because i don't have access to the pedals. only way i can think of is if i go through the hassle of ordering each one and testing them and then returning the one i don't like. but to save me time i was hoping someone could shed some light on the differences for me.
  2. LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    I use the yellow (re-issue) and have never used or heard the orange one. I'd also like to know more about that pedal
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I believe the Yngwie model has higher gain. I haven't used it myself, but a friend who tried it on bass hated it but loved my old 250. YMMV.
  4. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    Sorry for thread hijack, but I have a few questions too and might be bashed if I made my own thread.

So I have a home-made 250 clone. It seems the gain pot doesn't do anything for most of the way, and that most of the effect is concentrated at the end. I may have used the wrong pot. Is this regular or is it my mistake?

Oh yeah, and the sound is pretty fizzy as noted by SMASH. When I use the bridge pickup it sounds a little like a robot talking ;)