1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question for amp experts

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TenaciousE, Feb 28, 2008.

1. At the risk of sounding completely ignorant...I just had a new Marshall VBA 400 delivered, but the power cord was not included. So the dealer is mailing the cord out tomorrow, but I obviously want to plug it in tonight. I have a power cord from a GK 800 RB with the three prongs that will fit the Marshall, but I'm not sure if it is compatible or if it even matters. The amp says 120V-60 Hz, and the cord has 10A-125 V written on it. Are these cords universal, or does the voltage or some other variable have to match? I know nothing about electronics (alot of good two semesters of pre-med physics did me). Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Eric

2. Rockman

Rockman

Mar 2, 2006
    Its pretty much the same cord for every electrical appliance. Computers use the same cord at elast.

3. +1 they're all IEC cords whether that stands for International elec. cord, International earwig control I dunno, But they all fit & work OK as long as they have a ground prong-3 prongs/sockets.