1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question for Ampeg B15 Portaflex owners

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Vintage-Blue, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Vintage-Blue

Vintage-Blue Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 13, 2008
    Cincinnati, OH
    Owner, Vintage Blue (repro cabinets)
    I have a question for any owners of Ampeg B15N double-baffle cabinets who might be willing to remove their grille baffle: How thick are the spacers that are attached to your speaker baffle?

Gregg Hopkin's Ampeg book says they are 3/8", as does Jess Oliver. I am asking the question because I have recently come across a couple of cabinets that had 1/4" thick spacers. I asked Jess about these and he said that Everett Hull would sometimes make design changes for, essentially, no good reason. Some of these changes included smaller ports, similar to the B18N, as well as stuffing some of the ports with blocks of foam rubber. I'm just curious to see how many cabinets out there have the 1/4" spacers.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Atypical, not a typical...
    I have not pulled my grill off yet, but I will shortly as my amp is being used as the model for a remake of the B-15-N.

We will see. I'll post all sorts of pics regarding the build, design and specs, mesurments, and possibly screenshots of the CAD designs with dementions.

The best part is, you will see a little more about everything regarding it than you will ever need to know.