Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question for anyone who caught "The Chris Issak Show" last night

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Jan 28, 2002.

1. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I believe the episode was called "Tomorrowland".

What kind of bass was his bassist playing in the beginning parts of the episode where they are jamming in his living room. It looks like the body was modeled after a Fender Jaguar/Jazzmaster guitar and it had two lipstick pickups.

2. The only bass that I know that is used that has lipstick pickups is the Danelectro bass. I think it's the DC- Bass or something like that.

3. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    The Lakland Jerry Scheff also uses lipstick pups. They're also available as aftermarket add-ons. Can't help you any more than that though, (which is actually no help at all!!)

-robert

4. warwick used to make a model with lipsticks, but it didn't look like a jag.

5. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Schecter used to make a bass with lipstick pups. I think it was called a Hellcat or something like that. Cool looking bass.

6. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    [​IMG]

7. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Did you find that at the Schecter site? I looked but couldnt find it. That is a coooool looking bass!